After a facelift, it is important that you do everything you can to maintain your results. After all, you do not want to undergo the procedure again sooner than your surgeon's expectations. Here are eight ways you can extend the life of your facelift.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps with the production of collagen and elastin. Both are crucial in the production of healthy skin. Staying hydrated also helps your skin to maintain a healthy glow.
- Get botulinum toxin injections. Botulinum, or botox, injections are approved by the U.S. Federal Drug Administration to help fill in wrinkles and other creases in the face. Regular injections can help keep your skin looking smooth.
- Wear a sleeping mask. When it is time to go to bed, put on a firming mask. Look for a mask that feeds your skin nutrients while you are sleeping. You can also opt for a skin lifting mask.
- Regularly massage your face. Use an oil cleanser to massage your face. Pay close attention to the area around your eyes and your forehead. Try to do a massage at least every two to three days.
- Use sunscreen on a regular basis. Sunscreen can help protect your face from sun damage. Too much exposure to the sun can lead to an increase in wrinkles and lines in your face. If you wear makeup, look for a foundation that contains sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.
- Do facial exercises. Exercises such as puffing out your cheeks for several minutes a day can help firm up your face. Talk to your plastic surgeon about other exercises you can do to keep your face in good shape.
- Boost your peptides. Peptides help in the production of collagen, which is needed to fight wrinkles. Look for facial creams that boast having peptides.
- Use egg whites and lemon juice. Combining these two ingredients and applying them to your face at least once a week will help your face to glow and look fresh. It is also an inexpensive way to give your facelift the firming boost that it will occasionally need.
Having a facelift does not mean you do not have to take steps to keep your face looking firm and free of wrinkles. Taking certain steps, such as sleeping with a firming mask, can help your facelift last longer. For more advice, talk to a surgeon such as David A. Hidalgo, MD.